Horsham Downs School

(07) 829 4700 office@horshamdowns.school.nz 4 Martin Lane, RD 1, Hamilton 3281
Welcome to Horsham Downs School


A concern is something which worries a person, can easily be expressed verbally and can usually be readily resolved. 

If you have a concern about any aspect of the progress or behaviour of your child, the first step is to make an appointment with the classroom teacher. If you wish to discuss the matter further, an appointment can be made with the relevant Teaching Team Leader.

If you have a concern about a matter which you do not feel able to discuss with the teacher directly or which does not involve a teacher, you may contact the Principal or Deputy Principal. 

If the concern is not resolved through this process, a formal complaint may be made. This must be done in writing to either the Principal or the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees. A copy of the school complaints procedure is available upon request. 

Compliments can be used to provide useful, positive feedback to staff and may be referred to in a staff member's performance appraisal. Often parents and caregivers are unsure how to express a compliment to a member of staff in an appropriate way. They can be made informally directly to the teacher or more formally in writing to the Principal or Deputy Principal.